The making

The soil

The soil

The ground around the vines is covered by a natural grass bed but is also regularly loosened to encourage the development of certain useful microbes as well as the roots. We use of small quantities of natural compost. Only mechanical weeding under the rows.

Read more

The wineyard

The wineyard

We are developing and improving the cultivation of vines in ways that are environmentally friendly and sustainable such as the reintroduction of natural predators. The objective is to no longer use pesticides and to decrease the other treatments. All of the viticultural waste waters are treated in a phytobac for purification. Every year 1% of the vines are replenished. The planting is state of the art with grafts that are in part from a visual selection of the most robust vineplants. All of the winter work is done by our team with great care and the pruning in Single Guyot is according to the lunar calendar. All of the ‘green work’ is planned to ensure an ideal harvest quality and good ventilation of the grape bunches (de-budding, pruning, suckering, thinning out of the leaves, green harvesting.). All of this work is done manually by our team. The leaf surface has been increased to allow for ideal photosynthesis and therefore good maturing of the bunches.

Read more

The harvest

The harvest

Our average yield are 40 hl/ha against 55 hl/ha authorized for the Saint Emilion Grand Cru, 50 hl/ha against 65 hl/ha authorized for the Saint Emilion and 45 hl/ha against 65 hl/ha for Lalande de Pomerol. In order to eliminate the undesirable effects of the machine, the picking undergoes several successive sorting operations: A mechanical sorting that eliminates 90% waste and non-desirable grapes and a manual sorting for the remaining 10%.

Read more

The vignification

The vignification

Each parcel is separately put into vats which enables a meticulous selection. Long vatting in three steps: maceration, pre-fermentation at 10°C to extract the colour and the fruit, alcoholic fermentation to extract the tannic structure of the wines, maceration, post-fermentation at 28°C to add body and smoothness to the wine. No inoculation of commercial yeasts or malolactic bacteria (natural fermentation with indigenous yeasts and bacteria from the terroir.). No sulfite during the vinification to keep the fruit pure and decrease the total sulfite quantity.  Running-off with a separation of the free-run juice and the press juice and pressing with a vertical press in order to obtain a top quality pressed juice.

Read more

The aging and bottling

The aging and bottling

  One year’s maturing: in vats for the Saint-Emilion in order to preserve the fruitiness and body, in French oak barrels for the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru and the Lalande de Pomerol so as to underline and enhance the complexity of the aromas and taste. We use only 1/2 of the barrels are renewed every year in order to privilege the harmony between the wood and the wine. A selection of corks made from high quality…

Read more

Environment respected

Today , respect for the environment is an integral part of the production process, that is why for several years we aim to reduce the phytosanitary inputs and reprocess all our effluents.

We are developing and improving the cultivation of vines in ways that are environmentally friendly and sustainable such as the reintroduction of natural predators. The objective is to no longer use pesticides and to decrease the other treatments.

 

haute valeur environnmentale vignoble delacour

We are labelled High Environmental Value since 2012.

Completely independent

The love of the land has been passed from generation to generation in the Delacour family. we share the same passion and strive to produce a quality wine. Our know-how enables us to carry ourselves our wine and we attach great importance to our 100% local production.

vignerons independants vignoble delacour

We grow vine, raise and sell our wines. Responsible and professionals, we are completely independent

lewebfrancaisPassion, “savoir-faire” and authenticity